This page explains how to install and uninstall the add-in.
The easiest way to install Template Builder is to install it by using the online installer. You can download it from the Download Installers section of the Knowledge Base. If you use this installer, Template Builder will get automatically updated when a new patch version (e.g. 4.2.1 upgrade to 4.2.2) is available for the current minor release that you are on. Each user that wants to use Template Builder, needs to install it, it's not possible to do a machine install by using this installer.
If you download and run the setup.exe, it will download the files needed and install everything needed. Every time Microsoft Office Word is started, it will check for updates and install them when available.
- Uninstall any earlier minor release you may have installed on your local machine.
- Navigate to the Download Installers section of the Knowledge Base .
- Open the downloads page of the version you want to install and find the Xpertdoc Template Builder installer.
- Your browser will download an executable file. Some browsers may make it more difficult to download .exe files, so make sure to allow it.
- Open the file. Windows will likely warn you since it's a .exe. Again, allow it.
- Follow the wizard:
The installer will check whether all requirements are installed and if not, prompt you to install them.
If you now open Word, you'll see the add-in being loaded:
If something's not right, like the ribbon not appearing, the pane behaving strangely etc. you can try the following:
Verify that all requirements are met
Verify that your computer meets the requirements and possesses the prerequisites as described on this page. If some are missing, close Word, remove the add-in, install the prerequisites and install the add-in again.
Verify that the add-in is active
Navigate to File > Options > Add-Ins and verify that the Xpertdoc Smart Flows add-an is marked as an Active Application Add-In.
If it is listed with the Inactive Application Add-Ins, select COM Add-Ins and click the Go button at the bottom of the dialogue box.
In the window that pops up, check the box next to Xpertdoc Template Builder add-in and click OK.
Should the add-in not appear in the list, select Disabled Items at the bottom of the screen and click Go.
The XperiDo add-in might appear in the list in the window that pops up. If so, select it and click Enable.
Verify you don't have any older versions installed
If Template Builder refuses to update automatically, check whether you have an older version and uninstall it before you install the new version.
If you are unable to get the add-in working on your system, please contact our helpdesk.
To uninstall the add-in, follow these steps:
- On your computer, navigate to Programs and Features.
- Right-click the Xpertdoc Template Builder Add-in and click Uninstall. Click OK.
- Once the process is finished, the add-in is removed from your system.